Do you have a single-family rental property? If this is the case, you may be wondering whether you need to employ a Columbia property management company to assist you in managing it. But what does a professional property management company even do – and is it worth the cost? This blog post will discuss how professional property management functions and what a property manager can do for rental property owners. By the end, you’ll better know whether property management is a good fit for you.
What is Property Management?
Professional property management is overseeing and managing a rental property on behalf of the owner. Generally, this may incorporate responsibilities like marketing the property, screening and approving tenants, collecting rent, handling maintenance and repair requests, and so on. In some instances, property managers may also be accountable for evictions.
Property management companies often charge a percentage of the monthly rent as their fee. For example, if your property rents for $1000 per month and the management company charges a 15% fee, you would pay them $150 per month. Some companies also charge additional fees for services such as lease renewals or marketing.
What Does a Property Manager Do?
The job of a property manager might be demanding. Property managers are responsible for numerous tasks. Some of the most typical responsibilities of a property manager include:
– Marketing the property: Property managers are responsible for locating tenants for your rental property. This includes listing the property on rental websites, showing the property to potential tenants, and screening applications.
– Screening and approving tenants: Once you’ve gathered a list of potential tenants, it’s up to the property manager to screen them and select the best candidate. This typically includes running a background check and verifying their income and employment history.
– Collecting rent: Property managers are accountable for collecting rent from tenants each month. They may also address late payments, returned checks, and evictions (in some cases).
– Handling maintenance requests: When tenants have a maintenance or repair concern, they will communicate it to the Columbia property manager. The property manager is then in charge of coordinating with contractors, scheduling repairs, and making sure the work is finished on schedule.
The ideal property management companies can also help you optimize your investment properties and grow your portfolio. They deliver expert market analyses, intelligent insights into the local rental market, and data-driven recommendations (such as when to raise the rent, which upgrades to make, and more).
Benefits of Hiring a Property Management Company
There are numerous benefits to hiring a professional property management company. Probably the most noticeable is that it frees up your time. If you’re managing your rental property yourself, that’s a lot of time spent on tasks like marketing the property, managing maintenance requests, and a lot more. Property managers may handle all the day-to-day responsibilities that come with owning and managing a rental property. This can save you time and money while enabling you to focus on other important things in your life.
Other critical benefits of hiring a property management company include:
– Reduced vacancy rates: A professional property manager will understand how to market your rental property and screen tenants efficiently. This can help you fill vacancies easily and reduce the time your property is unoccupied.
– Increased rent collection: A property management company can help you collect rent on time. They may also assist you in increasing your rent prices (in some cases).
– Lower repair and maintenance costs: A property manager will have a network of reputable contractors they work with regularly. This can assist you in getting discounts on repairs and maintenance, as well as guarantee that the task is completed on schedule.
– Fewer legal problems: A property manager can help you avoid potential legal issues by adhering to all applicable laws and regulations. They will be able to manage difficult situations, like evictions, professionally and legally.
If you’re considering employing a property management company, don’t forget to conduct your research and pick a reputable company that provides the quality services you need and want. Real Property Management Titan has over 30 years of experience in single-family rental property management. Contact us online today to learn more about how we can help you efficiently manage your properties and grow your investment portfolio.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.